A fun brief of my days in New York City!

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Can It Be?

Tomorrow, Aug. 1st, is my last day at LIME. Seriously, I can't believe it. It's like someone whacked me over the head with a frying pan, and now I've woken up and 2 months have passed. Totally insane how fast June and July have gone by.

I've really had the time of my life here in New York City. Packing everything up is bittersweet. I'm glad to be seeing my family soon, but I would be just as happy if they could just come North. I'm not sure I'm really all that ready to hit the road, or the air, just yet.

At our UOD closing ceremony tonight we listened to a little goodbye speech, watched a slide show of pics, received presents, and concluded with a toast to the summer past. Although some of the toasts were complete wastes of breath, some people said some very sweet and touching things, and it just got me feeling a little sad about saying goodbye.

I still agree that the name University of Dreams is kinda silly, and I get why people are skeptical, I was too originally, but ya know, I wouldn't trade this "dreamer" experience for anything. It's been so much more than I ever expected, or could have dreamt up myself. The memories I've made, some published in this blog, some held just in my heart, will always be special to me.

What an extraordinary experience this has truly been.

No comments: