A fun brief of my days in New York City!

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Just playing catch-up

So my Daddy and I just drove through the night to the Leakey house, so I'm going to chronicle things backwards...

We arrived here after I got off my plane in Houston, the plane that was scheduled to leave at 7:10 pm from JFK last night that was delayed until 11:00 pm. It was a FANTASTIC day at the airport. Really. It was AWESOME being at Gate 25 from 4:30 pm till 11 pm!

The plane ride was pretty uneventful. I got to watch a breathtaking electric light show as we flew over a lightning storm. The girls behind me thought we were dead for sure, but if they could have just loosened up they would have noticed that the lightning was really fascinating and not frightening at all! Seeing the Big Dipper right out my window was really special, I teared up a little as I gazed at it from my 5D window seat. I had missed it in New York, you just don't see the stars there. It's really a shame too.

Overall Saturday, Saturday night/early Sunday morning consisted of traveling.

Friday was a weird day at work. Weird saying goodbye to everyone that you have loved working with all summer. Of course, I plan to visit my new found LIME peeps sometime in the future :)

Friday evening after packing, packing, and a little more packing, I visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The Met had been on my list of to-dos for quite a while and once I finally made it there I was bummed I hadn't made more time for it earlier. It pretty much topped my list of sights seen in NYC. Just couldn't get enough. I could have spent an entire day there. If you ever go to NYC, or live there and haven't visited, you MUST go to The Met. I know not everyone enjoys art, but even if you don't particularly care about such things, The Met is more than a gallery. It's a chronicle of history. There is just so much to see and take in. There is absolutely something there everyone can appreciate. So Go!

Following my Met extravaganza I enjoyed a lovely dinner with Ashley. Our final dinner together just the two of us. Our final Lovers Dinner, hahaha. And it was French!

Then a great deal of farewells between dreamers...

Oh what a wonderful summer it was. Can't believe I was in Manhattan just yesterday. Feels like the whole experience was over before it even started. Still so much could have been done! But that's okay, because New York hasn't seen the last of this Texas girl!

No comments: