A fun brief of my days in New York City!

Monday, July 21, 2008

My Own North vs. South

While I've been in NY people are constantly asking me "where are you from?, do you like NY?, do you want to move here after college?," etc. These questions have really got me thinkin about home/Texas and here/NY... And thus, I have compiled a list of things that I have come to miss the most during my month in New York. Now, this isn't meant to be an insult to NYC, I'm having a fabulous time here, and there are certainly some things that I've grown to love while being here. This is just a list of 10 things (#1 being the most important) I'm so accustomed to at home that without them I'm like an addict going through withdrawals.

1. The things my family make extra special: My Dad's hugs/My Mom's "tickly-back"/Coffee morning, noon, and night with Anna/Inside jokes accompanied by uncontrollable laughing with Tess (and so much more from each of them, I'm very blessed in this area)

2. Quiet, sitting outside and hearing nothing but birds chirping and the wind blowing

3. Driving, few things beat driving with your favorite tunes blastin

4. Stars, you would think they were a myth if you grew up in NYC

5. Grass, endless fields of green

6. Potentially hearing country music at any time of day

7. Wearing jeans to practically any occasion (and it's socially acceptable)

8. Smiling at people and people actually smiling back

9. Men openning doors, offering their seat, just being a gentleman

10. Really good Mexican Food/Salsa (the old Pace Piquante sauce commercials turned out to be so true in this case)

No comments: