A fun brief of my days in New York City!

Monday, July 21, 2008

while I'm at it

So my posting with the inclusion of Mario Lopez triggered something that I forgot to share last week. Sorry y'all, last week really was a bit of a blur.

This post only applies to anyone that watches What Not to Wear on TLC, otherwise, you won't get this. Back story: I have been contemplating getting my hair cut while I'm here, which means I need to find someone or someplace to do the job. I had noticed that on street level in the identical building across from KB (my work building) is a salon named Arrojo. Very sleek, very professional, very appealing.

I googled the salon (this was last Monday), I had been mispronouncing the name, and had therefore never realized that it was none other than NICK ARROJO'S very own salon! Right across from my own building is a razor wielding celebrity stylist. I was floored and now I love Varick Street that much more. Unfortunately Nick isn't in my budget but the very knowledge of his very near existence has made me a little silly. Every day when I walk by I look through the windows, in a very discrete manner I guarantee (haha), hoping to catch a glimpse of the one and only Nick Arrojo. I actualy saw him Wednesday of last week! Totally made my morning/maybe even my day. Certainly made it more than cup of coffee.

No comments: